Riddles of the week

Can you solve these logic question teasers?


1. Cathy has six pairs of black gloves and six pairs of brown gloves in her drawer. In complete darkness, how many gloves must she take from the drawer in order to be sure to get a pair that match? Think carefully!!

2. Mom, Dad, and 2 kids have come to a river, and they find a boat. It is small and can only carry one adult or 2 kids at a time. Both kids are good rowers, but how can the whole family reach the other side of the river?

3. Why can't you take a picture of a Indian woman with hair curlers?

4. What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 digits - just 2 digits, nothing else?

5. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?

6. Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a hobo who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 5 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?

7. Jenn is facetious. She is also abstemious. She gets pneumonia. Given those clues, what is the only American tree she will like?

8. How many birth days does the average man have?

9. Someone at a party introduces you to your mother's only sister's husband's sister in law. He has no brothers. What do you call this lady?

10. Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

11. Two planes take off at the same exact moment. They are flying across the Atlantic. One leaves New York and is flying to Paris at 500 miles per hour. The other leaves Paris and is flying to New York at only 450 miles per hour ( because of a strong head wind ). Which one will be closer to Paris when they meet?

12. A carpenter was in a terrible hurry. He had to work as quickly as possible to cut a very heavy 10 foot plank into 10 equal sections. If it takes 1 minute per cut, how long will it take him to get the 10 equal pieces?

13. Why are 1898 silver dollars worth more than 1897 silver dollars?

14. What English word can have 4 of its 5 letters removed and still retain it's original pronunciation?

15. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?

16. In your sock drawer, you have a ratio of 5 pairs of blue socks, 4 pairs of brown socks, and 6 pairs of black socks. In complete darkness, how many socks would you need to pull out to get a matching pair of the same color?

17. How can a woman living in New Jersey, legally marry 3 men, without ever getting a divorce, be widowed, or becoming legally separated?

18. A woman goes into a hardware store to buy something for her house. When asked the price, the clerk replies, "the price of one is twelve cents, the price of forty-four is twenty-four cents, and the price a hundred and forty-four is thirty-six cents. What does the woman want to buy?

19. If there are 5 apples on the counter and you take away 2, how many do you have?

20. If, having only one match, on a freezing winter day, you entered a room which contained a lamp, a kerosene heater, and a wood burning stove, which should you light first.




ANSWER BELOW















1. 13. She could possibly take out 6 black left hand gloves and then 6 brown left hand gloves, the next one would have to be either the right hand or left hand match.

2. The kids row across. One comes back. An adult goes over, and the kid comes back. Both kids row across again, and one comes back. The other adult rows across and the kid comes back. Both kids row across again.

3. You can't take a picture with hair curlers you need a camera!

4. 99, this is 9x9x9x9x9x9x9x9x9 or 387,420,489.



5. Mount Everest has always been the tallest mountain, even before being discovered!


6. 6, he makes 5 originals from the 25 butts he found, and after he smokes them he has 5 butts left for another cigar.

7. The Sequoia. She only likes words with all 5 vowels in them. The Sequoia is the only American tree that contains all 5 vowels.

8. One, he may have many Birthdays, but only one birth day!

9. Mother, or Mom, or whatever you call your maternal relative.

10. The answer is actually feathers. We need proof though! AND SO: - One pound of feathers is more than one pound of gold because the "pound" unit is different. The most commonly used system of weights in the US and Great Britain is the avoirdupois system, where 1 pound = 16 ounces. This is used for most solid objects, except for precious metals and gems; gold is weighed by a special system, called the troy system, where one troy pound = 12 troy ounces. Where one avoirdupois ounce is 28.35 grams, one troy ounce is about 31.10 grams. To convert from avoirdupois pounds to troy pounds, multiply the first by 1.2152 to get its equivalent in troy measurement. Therefore, one "pound" of feathers in troy weight is actually 1.2152 pounds (one avoirdupois pound), compared to one troy pound of gold. And the feathers win.

11. They will both be the same distance from Paris when they meet!! *See note below!

12. 9 minutes. It only takes 9 cuts to get 10 equal sections.


13. $1,898.00 is one more silver dollar than $1,897.00

14. Queue

15. It has to be Johnny. He's the third child!

16. 4. If you don't agree, try it yourself!

17. It's her job, she's a Justice of the Peace or a Minister.

18. House numbers.

19. You have 2 apples. There are 3 left on the counter, but you have 2.

20. The match of course!

 

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:44 AM

    answer 1 is 3 gloves.

    combinations at 2 gloves are:

    BB, bb, Bb, bB

    the first two are already pairs, to guarantee a pair a third glove is needed of either colour to make at least one pair in the last two.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:00 PM

    thats only colours. you need left and right and left too

  3. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:52 PM

    answered 8 correctly. so tough!

  4. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:56 AM

    YEAH...GOODD..

  5. Blogger Tierra J. Brown said,

    2:06 AM

    Same here if u meant question 8.

  6. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:45 AM

    Excellent article. I definitely appreciate
    this website. Keep it up!

    My web blog ... Air Max TN

  7. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:19 PM

    Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your
    views are pleasant designed for new viewers.

    Here is my blog post NFL Jerseys Cheap

  8. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    4:55 PM

    Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could
    we communicate?

    Also visit my blog post: Air Max Classic Bw

  9. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:01 PM

    Hi there mates, its great paragraph regarding tutoringand entirely explained, keep
    it up all the time.

    My site; wheelhousebikes.com

  10. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    10:02 PM

    Great post. I am experiencing a few of these issues as well.
    .

    my weblog - Abercrombie Bruxelles

  11. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:27 AM

    Somebody essentially lend a hand to make seriously articles I would state.
    This is the first time I frequented your website page and so far?

    I amazed with the analysis you made to make this actual post extraordinary.
    Great activity!

    my web site :: Abercrombie & Fitch

  12. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:33 AM

    What's up to every single one, it's in fact a pleasant for me to go to
    see this web page, it consists of priceless Information.


    Feel free to surf to my web site: Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

  13. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    9:21 PM

    I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    My webpage: Gucci Scarpe

  14. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:57 AM

    Thankfulness to my father who told me on the topic of this blog, this blog is genuinely awesome.



    Also visit my site: http://duranbook.com

  15. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:31 AM

    Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make
    my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design.
    Thank you

    my blog post; Text-A-Girl.Org

  16. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:22 AM

    Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying
    your blog and look forward to new updates.

    Also visit my weblog: how to fix your relationship

  17. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:04 AM

    I don't write many responses, but i did some searching and wound up here "Riddles of the week". And I do have a few questions for you if it's allright.

    Could it be simply me or does it look as if like some of these
    comments look like they are coming from brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are writing at additional places, I'd like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls of your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Feel free to visit my blog post :: This Site

  18. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:13 PM

    Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well
    written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info.
    Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.

    Here is my blog post - Michael Kors Canada

  19. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:13 PM

    Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written
    article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ufanet.ru

  20. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    7:14 PM

    I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog
    like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% positive.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

    Also visit my web blog: every.sg

  21. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    2:36 AM

    Hi, i think that i noticed you visited my blog thus i got here
    to return the desire?.I'm trying to find things to improve my site!I assume its ok to use some of your concepts!!

    my website :: wiki.opendune.Org

  22. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:25 PM

    Hi there, I would like to subscribe for this website to get hottest updates, thus where can i do it
    please help out.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: Air Jordan Femme

  23. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    10:02 AM

    Wow, that's what I was exploring for, what a material! existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web page.

    Visit my web site - zbedu.net

  24. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    6:57 PM

    I do accept as true with all the ideas you have offered
    for your post. They're really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for starters. Could you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

    Have a look at my web blog ... wiki.oranim.ac.il

  25. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:25 AM

    Its like уou rеad my mind! You appear tο
    κnow a lοt about thiѕ, liκe yоu wrote the book іn іt or somеthing.
    I think that you could do with some piсs to ԁrіve the message home а bit, but othеr than that, this iѕ magnificent blog.
    A fantаstic read. ӏ'll certainly be back.

    Have a look at my homepage http://Www.Decorellaknox.com/2012/04/steps-to-refinishing-Wood-furniture.html

  26. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:36 AM

    My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking for.
    Would you offer guest writers to write content for you?
    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!

    Here is my blog: http://www.explorethecapabilities.com/louisvuittonoutlet.html

  27. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:10 PM

    I've been surfing on-line more than 3 hours nowadays, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty price
    sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content material as you
    probably did, the web shall be much more useful than ever before.


    my web site; Michael Kors Outlet

  28. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    1:09 PM

    You could certainly see your skills within the work you write.

    The arena hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. Always go after your heart.

    My site: Recommended Site

  29. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    4:51 PM

    Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was
    super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for first-time blog writers? I'd certainly
    appreciate it.

    Have a look at my site - wikifesto.info

  30. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:23 AM

    I leave a response when I like a article on a website or if
    I have something to contribute to the conversation.

    Usually it's triggered by the passion displayed in the post I looked at. And after this post "Riddles of the week". I was actually excited enough to leave a leave a responsea response ;-) I actually do have a few questions for you if it's allright.
    Could it be just me or does it look as if like some of these comments look like they are coming from brain dead individuals?
    :-P And, if you are writing on additional online sites, I'd like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list the complete urls of all your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Here is my website - Recommended Reading

  31. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:09 AM

    There's definately a great deal to know about this topic. I like all of the points you made.

    my webpage; dallaschamberblog.Org

  32. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    12:07 AM

    You are so awesome! I do not believe I have read through something like that before.
    So wonderful to discover another person with genuine thoughts on this subject matter.
    Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This website is one thing that's needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

    Also visit my blog post :: Sac A Main Louis Vuitton

  33. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    11:29 AM

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on pandit.
    Regards

    my web-site NFL Jerseys Cheap :: ::

  34. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    3:11 AM

    I was curious if you ever considered changing the page layout of
    your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got
    to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one
    or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?


    my blog post Nike Free Tilbud

  35. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    5:27 PM

    Hi there to every one, because I am truly keen of reading this weblog's post to be updated on a regular basis. It includes good information.

    Also visit my page Louis Vuitton Handbags

  36. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    8:53 AM

    I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know
    such detailed about my trouble. You're incredible! Thanks!

    Here is my homepage :: Registered Dietitian Programs

  37. Blogger oakleyses said,

    8:33 AM

    nike free, michael kors handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley vault, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren, coach outlet store online, prada outlet, tiffany jewelry, true religion outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion, burberry outlet online, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, red bottom shoes, nike air max, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, longchamp handbags, christian louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet online, ray ban outlet, chanel handbags, burberry outlet online, coach purses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet store, coach outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike outlet, louis vuitton handbags

  38. Blogger oakleyses said,

    8:39 AM

    nike free, nike roshe, timberland, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, north face, michael kors canada, chaussure louboutin, nike blazer pas cher, ray ban uk, hermes pas cher, sac michael kors, louis vuitton, oakley pas cher, louis vuitton pas cher, true religion outlet, scarpe hogan, barbour, nike air max, true religion jeans, north face pas cher, air max pas cher, louis vuitton uk, sac louis vuitton, lacoste pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, burberry pas cher, nike air force, converse pas cher, new balance pas cher, vans pas cher, hollister, nike free pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, mulberry uk, michael kors uk, lululemon, longchamp, ray ban pas cher, ralph lauren, air max, air jordan, guess pas cher, nike air max, tn pas cher, hollister

  39. Blogger oakleyses said,

    8:46 AM

    nfl jerseys, herve leger, canada goose outlet, p90x workout, jimmy choo shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, ugg, celine handbags, reebok shoes, insanity workout, uggs on sale, nike huarache, wedding dresses, soccer shoes, babyliss, canada goose, ferragamo shoes, asics shoes, ugg boots clearance, replica watches, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, mont blanc pens, lululemon outlet, birkin bag, ugg boots, nike roshe, hollister, canada goose outlet, longchamp, mac cosmetics, north face jackets, vans outlet, mcm handbags, north face jackets, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, nike trainers, ugg outlet, ghd, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose outlet, instyler ionic styler, valentino shoes, beats headphones, marc jacobs outlet, new balance outlet, ugg soldes

  40. Blogger oakleyses said,

    8:55 AM

    canada goose, hollister clothing, uggs canada, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, montre femme, pandora jewelry, louboutin, nike air max, pandora charms, supra shoes, moncler outlet, thomas sabo uk, ray ban, converse, lancel, gucci, replica watches, baseball bats, moncler, ugg, swarovski jewelry, timberland shoes, canada goose, links of london uk, louis vuitton canada, canada goose pas cher, moncler outlet, converse shoes, parajumpers outlet, moncler, air max, hollister, ralph lauren, hollister canada, karen millen, iphone 6 case, wedding dress, vans, moncler, canada goose, swarovski uk, pandora uk, moncler, moncler, oakley, coach outlet

40 Comments:

Post a Comment